Day two for Patients and Doctors : Friday 3 November
This Patient and Doctors day will bring together patients, caregivers, doctors ( clinicians and clinical researchers), special invitees, to share ideas and experience on wildtype and variant ATTR, and ways to move forward
- Doctors will report on main conclusions of Day One. Topics will include i) epidemiology, ii) diagnosis, iii) monitoring, iv) management, v) therapy (current and future).
- Patients will report on main conclusions of Day One. Topics will include : i) Difference in access to medicines ii) Step forwards towards united action and organisation of ATTR Patient Organisations at European level, iii) Replicable ‘best practices’ of POs.
- The need for improved socio-psychological care as part of an overall, holistic patient approach. The case of ‘Education Thérapeutique’ practised by Hopital Bicêtre – Paris. Lessons learnt.
- The EURORDIS approach: a call for a cooperative process of all stakeholders to ensure patients’ access to ATTR medicines.
- Deliverables of this Meeting will include providing